Suffolk County Real Estate Transactional Lawyer
Reliable service for residential buyers and sellers
Scott DeSimone P.C. has extensive knowledge of the Suffolk County real estate market. Our law firm helps ensure that your purchase or sale of residential property goes smoothly. Respected lawyer Scott DeSimone has long-standing relationships with many local real estate professionals, including insurance agents, mortgage brokers, and building and tax department personnel. You can be confident that your real estate transaction will be handled properly when you allow our firm to represent your interests.
Guidance for buyers of residential real estate
Whether you are a first-time home buyer or an experienced purchaser of property, you need to be represented by a knowledgeable real estate attorney who knows how to protect your interests on what will likely be your most valuable investment. As part of our firm’s comprehensive real estate services, we:
- Review and negotiate the contract of sale
- Order a title search
- Review the title report for any clouds on title
- If required, engage a licensed surveyor to prepare a new survey or update an existing survey
- If requested, assist purchaser in finding a mortgage broker or direct lender
- If needed, assist purchaser in obtaining various property-related inspections and tests including but not limited to a home inspection, a termite inspection, water and/or septic system testing.
- Attend the closing
- Prepare and provide the purchaser with a closing statement inclusive of copies of all documents related to your purchase.
Guidance for sellers of residential real estate
When you are selling residential property in Suffolk County, our firm provides an attorney to:
- Prepare and negotiate the contract of sale
- Review the title report and clear any clouds on title
- If needed, obtain the mortgage payoff letter
- Attend the closing
- Prepare and provide the seller with a closing statement inclusive of all copies of documents related to your sale.
Ensure a smooth transaction with the help of a Suffolk County real estate lawyer
Scott DeSimone has been active in the Suffolk County real estate community for more than 20 years. He and his staff know how to effectively take any buyer or seller from contract to closing without any unnecessary delay. For a free consultation with an experienced real estate lawyer, contact Scott DeSimone P.C. online or call us at 631.765.3535.